Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fabulous Fall



I was born and raised in Northern California, near the Lake Tahoe area. Seasons were very pronounced there. Summer was short. Winter was lo-o-o-o-ng. Spring was WELCOME! And fall was beautiful, but a time of hard work. Back to school. Bracing for the harsh reality of winter. That is it's own post for another post for another time. My point is, I really did not enjoy fall that much growing up. But now that I have lived here in North Georgia for nearly 14 years, I find that it is my favorite season. The irony being, summer is lo-o-o-ong (read:HOT!), and fall is WELCOME!
Here are the first signs of it, about 3 weeks ago.

When it starts coming on, it comes on fast. If spring only lasts around here for 15 minutes, fall lasts maybe 20!






And when it begins to fade, it does so relentlessly, without apology.



In about a month, we will be in a frozen brown wasteland. For now, I will enjoy this!

No comments: