Saturday, February 21, 2009

Designer Pillow Project



First attempt at file conversion. By Zamzar
It inverted the photo...oh well!

This is a pillow project by Linda Lee, that was published in the current issue of "Sew News". I like it alot because it utilizes fabrics by designers that I love. In fact most of them and stores that you can buy their fabric at are listed in the side bar. I hope I have time to make it soon :) Or someday!!!

I had quite a technical time with this post. I could not download the instructions directly from the magazine, so I scanned the picture and the diagram/directions and put them in a pdf file. Blogger will not accept pdf so I spent alot of time trying to figure out how to get this on here. I found this site
Scribd which converted the file (for free) so that I could embed it as a post. I hope the technology holds! But I will say that I really found Scribd to be helpful and professional and something that I will continue to use.

I also just recieved Amy Butler's "
Midwest Modern" from Amazon, and all I can say is OMG! Eye Candy! Her fabrics, as well as several others listed in this project are available at fabric.com Every once in awhile, I find a book that becomes an instant classic and stays on my book shelf and within my reach forever after. This is one of those. I will see something new every time I look at it.

Happy Sewing!

DC_2509136


















If you click on the 'DC' link below, it will go to the site and pull the file so that you can better read it...



DC_2509137









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love that pillow also. We muat be kindred spirits. Thanks for going the extra mile and posting the pattern. God bless.