Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Deal of the Day---Home Decor Patterns at Fabric.com


I am crazy about this site. Today they have home decor patterns on sale, and they have the coolest patterns! It just so happens I am in the planning stages of decorating the girl's room, so I am shopping bit by bit. I bought the rose cotton-linen blend at 90"wide, for $1.99 a yard for duvet covers a few weeks ago, and now am looking at coordinating fabrics. The paint I bought from the paint man at the flea market. He buys the returns from the name brand stores and sells them for 3-5 dollars, depending on his mood and the time of day! The only downside is that he generally does not have two gallons of the same color, but I often mix my paint anyway, so I have found ways to make this work.



My reasoning is to save money where I can, because there are some things I am going to splurge on. The printed fabric is a sample of Amy Butler's Lotus pattern, and it's $14.99 a yard at f.com of course I am waiting for it to go on sale! It's a 54" brushed cotton twill, and I hope to make a coverlet for each bed, and some valances. I'm looking for a small green and ivory toile for the third fabric. It's quite a ways off before all this has to be completed, but at least I am planning!

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

So cute! I can't wait to see the finished product. The girls will love their room. You can never go wrong with pink.

Jenn said...

I too, am addicted to fabric. I buy tons on ebay. I am currently trying to find something to create with the new stash that just arrived!