Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday's Fave Foods***Georgia Figs with Lemon Cream


I am in what I call "survival mode". It's where everything gets so busy, it's all I can do to get thru the rigors of the day. It's not really the enjoyable kind of busy, it's the mandated kind. I cherish my time to think about and indulge in domestic pleasures, and right now that time is short. I did take the time to think about this, however, as the figs on the fig tree next door are beginning to ripen!


Figs With Lemon Cream


4 ripe figs

3 oz of cream cheese, softened

2 TBSP of sugar

1 TBSP of lemon juice


Cut the figs lengthwise into quarters, leaving them attached at the bottom. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until well chilled.


In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese together with the sugar and lemon juice. Gently pry open the figs to expose the interior. Set each fig on a dessert plate. Spoon 1 heaping TBSP of the lemon cream into the center of each and serve at once.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have never had a fig. I don't think they grow up here. I read Big Mama Hollers, who is in Georgia, and she's always eating figs.

Figs with Lemon Cream sound fabulous. I'm going to have to search harder at the farmer's market.