Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday's Fave Foods***Best Lemonade Ever!

I did not know there was an art to lemonade until I moved South. Certainly I had tried to make it before, but it never turned out the way I thought it should. And we had lemons growing in the yard when I lived in California! (Oh, how I do miss that!)


It never occurred to me there was a method. There is, and it is similar to making sweet tea. You don't know about sweet tea? (Hint: it's not iced tea with a packet of sugar added to it) That will be a post for another day.

This is awesome for any hot summer day!

BEST LEMONADE EVER

1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice

DIRECTIONS
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp. In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your recipe for homemade lemonade sounds wonderful and I can't wait to make it this weekend.

Gretchen