Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday's Fave Foods***Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin


I was drawing a blank for today's recipe, because I didn't do anything special for Halloween. Well, actually, at work we made cupcakes, but I forgot to get some pictures, and then I took a few days off, and there was no way I was going back in there to get those pictures. I really need a couple of days away.




So...I thought about my favorite thing to cook out of the freezer. Not counting those precooked Tyson Hot Wings (OMG I love those!) it's pork tenderloin. And I love to do it in my iron skillet. It's one of those items you can pick up for a reasonable price, on sale. Alot of times, they come as a package of 2, so they are great for the freezer. They defrost quickly. They cook easily. Taste wonderful. Look complicated, (but are not) and therefore you look like a genius!








"Whole pork tenderloin is kept moist by being browned in a pan on top of the stove first, then simmered until done. If your tenderloin weighs more than 8 oz. adjust the cooking time accordingly. A savory fruit sauce makes a fine accompaniment"




1 pork tenderloin, 8-12 oz


Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.




In a large skillet over high heat




1 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter


1 1/2 tsp. olive oil




Brown well on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning once or twice until and instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 150 to 155 degrees. Remove to a plate, cover loosely with aluminum foil, let it stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.




This is great with a blackberry-sage sauce or an apple-raisin chutney.




NOTES: Do not overcook the meat! That is the only mistake you can make.

No comments: